Direct trade, high-altitude coffee grown on an award-winning, private plantation in Zimbabwe. The Ashanti Farm's elevation is approx. 3600 ft above sea level. The coffee is planted in contour lines to stop soil erosion, and the ravines around the coffee fields are left in their natural state, providing sanctuary to wildlife.
Once the coffee beans are hand-picked and pulp removed from 'cherries', they are fermented in open air tanks, then washed and sun-dried for about three weeks.
After hulling, sorting, grading and 'cupping', the green beans are shipped directly to Canada to Ashanti's Roasting Facility in Thornbury, Ontario. The beans are hand-roasted in small batches fresh daily. Non-GMO, no additives, free of pesticides. Single origin. Fair trade. Hand Roast. Exclusively well priced.
Medium Roast Grade A* Arabica Whole Beans
*Grade A - large size beans, 17-18 screens.
Price (CAD), 454g Pack: $14.99 /each
Temporarily out of stock
MEDIUM ROAST PROFILE: A full-bodied, superbly buttery cup with thick crema, bright and clear entry, intense alive flavour, caramel-chocolaty undertones, and clean coffee-liqueur or blood orange or berry tisane fragrant finish *depends on a type of brewing. Ashanti Coffee can be brewed hot or cold, resulting in a refined cup with a perfect balance of full body and clear acidity.
Recipe © Wise Tea Garden®
To make the most delicious Turkish Coffee, we would recommend to use Ashanti Medium Roast.
You will also need distilled water, a small copper cezve (1 cup - 250ml), Organic Maple sugar (optional) and ground organic cardamom.
- Put 25 g of finely ground Ashanti in cezve. Add 10 ml of Maple sugar (optional) and a pinch (2g) of ground organic cardamom.
- Add 200 ml of fresh cold distilled water (the water should be fresh, not boiled previously). Stir well for a minute or so.
- Put cezve on a stove and heat slowly (on a medium heat, for about 4-5 min). As soon as starts to boil, remove from heat and stir a little bit, very gently.
- Heat again. As soon as just start to boil - remove from heat. Stir gently. And one more time: Heat, remove, and finally pour into a cup(s) - please don't stir this time!
- Cover the cup(s) with a saucer, let it brew a bit more for about 2 minutes.
Enjoy an awesome aroma and taste!
TURKISH COFFEE IN COPPER CEZVE.
Photography © Wise Tea Garden®.
Estate Black |
Scented, Flavoured |
Tea Spices |
Organic Coffee |
Cacao, Hot Chocolate
Organic Chocolate |
Organic Nuts |
Dried Fruits |
Organic Maple Syrup |
Cane Sugar |
Maple Sugar |
Organic Flour |
Organic Grains |
Organic Legumes |
Nut Butters |
Organic Snacks |
Organic Bread |
Coconut Foods |
Coconut Foods |
Dried Seaweed |
Organic Spices |
Organic Dairy |
Organic Produce |
Organic Grocery |
Paraphernalia, Eco Bakeware |
Dish Soap, Tabs |
Natural Cleaning |
Product Index »
Copyright © 2005-2021 Wise Tea Garden®, Irene & Mr.Sheep® Company
Premium Whole Leaf Canadian Lab-Tested and Certified Deluxe, Organic, and Rare Teas.
Product Index »
Order and Payment »
Shipping Guide »
All rights reserved. Information is updated daily.
Website comments to
Images, photography, and content are copyright protected.
Please do not use the visual content without our prior permission.